Friday, December 21, 2007

Friday's Feast

Well, the person who writes Friday's Feast is taking today off, and who can blame them? So, I have decided to try my hand at writing one. We shall see how it goes.

Appetizer: What is your first thought upon waking in the morning?


Is it sunny? I always want the day to start sunny and then if it has to rain, fine but I prefer a sunny start. (my second thought is always: are the boys awake yet?)

Soup: What do you do when you finally have ten minutes to yourself and know that no one is looking?

raid the cupboards for chocolate and check my email - not very adventurous I'm afraid

Salad: Of all of the "alternative" therapies available, which is the one you have most trouble believing actually works?

Therapeautic Touch. I know that it *does* work because I have seen it yet I still can't imagine it working when there isn't even a laying on of hands anywhere.

Main Course: Name something that you never told your childhood friends because, at the time, you were totally embarrassed about but now are not so afraid of.

That I was scared of the dark. In all seriousness, when I am home alone I am STILL terrified of the dark.

Dessert: If you could subscribe to one magazine and only one, what would it be? (It can be out of print if you need it to be.) And do you subscribe to it now?

Ms. I used to buy it all of the time but have fallen out of the loop. I don't even know if it is still in print. When I read it I felt completely invincible and that I mattered. I love Mothering magazine but these days reading it is more because of the work I do than because of my role as a mom. I am still a "Ms." and I always will be. Never to be a MRS.

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

good for you making one up. you rock!

Lee said...

At first, I didn't think I could answer your question. Then I started talking to Suna about what my answer would be. Then, well, I did it (back-dated, of course).